Essential Oil Recipe of the Week - Postpartum Padsicles
This week's essential oil recipe has, again, Lavender as the key ingredient. Lavender is a must in your postpartum padsicles (frozen postpartum pads) as it makes them very soothing and calming for your skin. I made 12 and have them in the freezer now, so they're ready to be used right after the baby is born.
Lavender is one of those oils that I always carry with me. It's the ultimate relaxing oil, it smells great (I use it instead of perfume) and I use it on my skin, blended with coconut oil, when my skin is itchy or a little sunburned. You can also put a few in a warm bath or on your pillow, for example, for a great night sleep.
Postpartum Padsicles Recipe
- Big, thick pads (I used the Always night pads)
- Witch hazel
- Pure 100% aloe vera gel
- Lavender essential oil
- First, open the pads, but keep the packaging attached to the pad, so they will still stick to your underwear when you'll be using them.
- Sprinkle two tbsp of witch hazel over every pad.
- Put 1 big tbsp of aloe vera gel on the pads and spread out with a spoon.
- Add 3 drops of lavender essential oil to every pad.
- Close the pads and store in a freezer bag in the freezer.